At Facility Management magazine we understand that privacy is important, and we’ve created this policy to give you information about how we collect and use personal information.
Privacy Officer, HH & M Media Pty Ltd. #1418,1 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004 AUSTRALIA
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
When you visit www.fmmedia.com.au, Facility Management magazine collects several forms of usage data, including:
- Log data. Our servers automatically record certain information sent by your browser, such as your Web request, your Internet Protocol address, your referring URL, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- Cookie data. When you visit www.fmmedia.com.au, Facility Management magazine or one of our affiliates or third-party partners may send one or more ‘cookies’ (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer to identify you as a unique user. If you have registered with www.fmmedia.com.au, the information in your cookie is used to provide a more personalized experience on our site, for example by allowing you to customize portions of the site. If you haven’t registered, the cookie identifies you as a unique user and helps ensure a smoother experience on the site, such as by limiting the number of times that you see certain subscription offers. If you have not registered on our site, we cannot link the user ID in the cookie with personal identifying information and data about you, such as your name or e-mail address.
- Traffic and advertising data. Other cookies without personally identifying information and data are used to enable Facility Management magazine to gather and analyze site traffic and usage information, and to allow our advertising partners to manage the advertisements presented. These cookies sometimes work in conjunction with other techniques, such as clear GIFs or pixel tags; they do not contain personally identifying information, but they may gather information about what sites you have visited and use that information to determine which ads appear when you visit the Facility Management magazine site.
The aggregated information we collect is used for a number of purposes including the following:
- to improve the content and design of www.fmmedia.com.au
- to enable our audit bureau to verify our claims of traffic to the site
- to help advertisers, potential advertisers or marketers assess the suitability of the site for their ad campaigns; and
- to help us understand more about the interests of our users, so that we can offer goods and services we believe may be of interest.
Many portions of the Facility Management magazine site can be used without registering or giving us any personal information such as (but not limited to) your name and email address. However, Facility Management magazine does collect personally identifying information regarding our online users, including in the following ways: When you provide it to us, such as (but not limited to) by entering a contest, becoming a registered member, signing up for a newsletter or tutorial, or otherwise contacting us. When you provide it to a company that powers a portion of our site or provides a special feature, such as a contest registration, that appears on our site. When you provide information about yourself or your company to Facility Management magazine in connection with a subscription order, that information may be included in your Facility Management magazine user record, if one exists.
If you have previously registered with another HH & M Media website and you begin to fill out certain forms on www.fmmedia.com.au, the site may recognize you and automatically complete the form, and this auto-fill data will then be included in your Facility Management magazine user record. If you have provided information to www.fmmedia.com.au, from time to time we may enhance that information with other information that we collect from third-party sources.
The personal information we collect may be used in a number of ways, including the following:
- to improve the content of the Facility Management magazine site, including by allowing Facility Management magazine’s editors to consult with readers
- to communicate with users about registration and other customer service issues
- to promote products and services of Facility Management magazine or HH & M Media Pty Ltd; and
- to conduct research surveys on behalf of Facility Management magazine, HH & M Media Pty Ltd, and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Facility Management magazine may share aggregated, non-personal information, such as website traffic figures, with third parties. This aggregated information does not identify you individually. We may share personal information with your consent or in order to provide products or services you have requested. In addition, by using the site you agree that we may also share personal information in any of the following circumstances:
We may use or disclose personal information if we have a good-faith belief that the disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) to enforce agreements we have with you, (c) to address fraud or security issues, or (d) to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Facility Management magazine, HH & M Media Pty Ltd, or our employees or customers.
We may share personal information with trusted affiliates or third parties, such as credit card processors or fulfillment providers, who process information or perform services on our behalf.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
In addition, you should be aware that when you disclose personal information such as your name or email address in a forum, blog comment, or other area that is publicly accessible by others, that information can be collected and used by others. Facility Management magazine and its parent and affiliate companies are not responsible for any information that you provide in the above areas.
Use of data for promotions, and choices for personal information
Postal addresses will be used to promote Facility Management magazine and HH & M Media Pty Ltd products and services, and may be rented and/or licensed to selected outside firms for promotional purposes. Offers for which the postal address data is rented and/or licensed for use are screened and the users are required to target their offers carefully.
When you provide your email address to us, you agree to receive email from Facility Management magazine, and HH & M Media Pty Ltd; however, you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time simply by clicking the unsubscribe link within the body of the email. We allow you to opt out of receiving email regarding third-party offers, both when email information is collected and with each use of your address. If you do not opt out at the time your email address is collected, or do not respond to the questions concerning how we may use your email address, your address may be used for third-party offers. Offers for which the email address is rented and/or licensed for use are screened and the users are required to target their offers carefully.
In addition, you may change your preferences regarding use of personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If Facility Management magazine magazine or any of its products is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of its assets, all personally identifying information and other data will be transferred to the new owner.