ARBS postpones May event
The Air-Conditioning, Refrigeration Building Services Exhibition originally scheduled for 19 to 21 May, has been postponed due to the COVID-19 virus.
The announcement comes as many other business and recreational events are being postponed and cancelled the world over in light of the coronavirus pandemic. ARBS is discussing options with the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition and hopes to announce an alternative date soon, but also notes the difficulty faced as many large events are now simultaneously scrambling to postpone and move to alternative options later this year or early next.
According to a media release, ARBS Exhibitions Ltd held a board meeting yesterday where it agreed and decided that the scheduled expo would be postponed due to the following factors:
- the event hosts around 10,000 to 12,000 participants and ARBS is concerned for their health, well-being and safety
- many international exhibitors and guests have limited or banned travel
- a number of interstate exhibitors have now limited or banned interstate travel
- it is possible that the government will recommend against or prevent major travel and movement and possibly limit large events if the virus continues to spread
- many companies and staff may be put into self isolation with the rate of spread of the virus at this stage unknown, and
- many seminar presenters have already flagged their intention to cancel travel in the foreseeable future.