The NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) has released its third stage of Litter – Regional Implementation Plan (L-RIP) grants under the $337 million NSW Government Waste Less Recycle More initiative (WLRM).
The Litter – Regional Implementation Program (L-RIP) is a council litter prevention support program for the development and implementation of litter prevention plans identified in Regional Waste Strategies. All 15 regional waste groups in NSW have applied and were successful in receiving $20,000 to begin regional planning for litter prevention.
Grants have now been made aware to all 15 regional waste groups to implement litter prevention plans. The new grants provide funding for regional waste groups in NSW to deliver litter projects as per their Regional Litter Plans. The new grant funding is summarised below:
Grant: Litter – Regional Implementation Plan
Eligible applicants: All NSW regional waste groups
- Projects to be submitted by regional waste groups
- Projects must be identified within the Regional Litter Plan and Litter Implementation Plan
- EPA will prioritise funding projects that delivery on-the-ground litter reduction
Funding per applicant: No limitations, as a guideline approximately $100,000 per regional waste group
Closing date: Monday 28th August 2017 (Please note: the implementation plan is to be submitted for independent review by Monday the 21st of August.)
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Litter reduction on roads (including signage, monitoring, surveying)
- Litter reduction at recreational parks (including infrastructure review, education).