Smart buildings and connected urban environments
As part of Unwired events, Smart Buildings 18 will take place at UBS Ltd, London on the 9th May 2018. Smart Buildings 2018 is a unique one-day conference in which leading thinkers come together to debate the new world of work, exploring new trends and how to best enhance assets of space, technology and people.
The conference examines smart buildings from the developer’s, tenant’s and user’s perspectives. It covers latest innovations across intelligent Building Management Systems, location aware beacons, sensors, smart devices, wearables and much more.
The expert speakers from across the industry will examine how the technological landscape is changing and how we can use it to transform the way we work. From cognitive buildings and self-learning workplaces to creating buildings that operate more efficiently while maximising productivity and collaboration, the conference will address a range of key trends and issues emerging in the smart buildings sector.
Smart Buildings is attended by approximately 200 senior professionals from workplace, property, FM, technology, innovation, architecture and design to explore this new world of work and what it means for future workplace.
Confirmed speakers and their topics:
- Dr Claire Penny, worldwide solution leader, IoT, IBM.
- Exploring cognitive buildings that can think for themselves
- Structuring buildings that are efficient to operate and cool to be in
- Ulrich Blum, associate, Zaha Hadid Architects
- Looking at the radical opportunities and implications data analytics, sensor technology, and smart algorithms will have on how we design and what we design
- Understanding how technology will allow buildings to constantly adapt and evolve throughout their lifecycle
- Glenn Wilkinson, CEO, Polira and Security Analyst
- Exploring the threats we face from hackers and criminal networks
- Examining how best to address the issue of security for today’s smart buildings and the devices we use
- Matthew Marson, consultant, Connected Spaces Practice, Accenture Digital
- Examining the world’s most innovative buildings
- Sharing how thousands of sensors can enable the workplace to react intelligently and adapt like a living organism
- Ashley Davis, managing director, UBS
- Setting new standards based on ‘next generation’ services
- Implementing a significant upgrade and seamless migration of services without impacting business or damaging UBS’ reputation
- Juliette Morgan, head of campus, British Land
- Getting businesses ready for smart buildings;
- Sharing a new British Land report on how to be smart from the start
- Matthew Webster, head of wellbeing, British Land
- Developing successful businesses of tomorrow that demonstrate leadership and innovation
- Harnessing the built environment to improve physical and mental wellbeing
- Richard Murszako, group property strategy manager, Vodafone
- Becoming an intelligent occupier
- Understanding building utilisation
- Mark Stanton, strategic account leader, Buildings as a Service, Honeywell
- Making your buildings work smarter
- Promoting faster, better-informed decision-making, risk mitigation, and more sustainable use of resources
- Jeremy Myerson, director, WORKTECH Academy, and research professor, Royal College of Art
- Future Digital work districts
- How smart precincts will reshape our cities and buildings.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org