National Sustainable Living Festival line-up revealed
The National Sustainable Living Festival is Australia’s flagship sustainability event that brings the vital message of sustainability to the forefront of the nation’s consciousness. Now in it’s 19th year, the festival is the largest of its kind and will run throughout the entire month of February 2018.
In 2018, the festival is making it a mission to present the very best discoveries to restore a safe climate as fast as humanly possible. It provides a vast platform for leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs to activate new audiences and promote their message.
Join in the festival fever and create positive change in 2018. Each year the National Sustainable Living Festival presents over 300 events and exhibits celebrating sustainability. A packed program of local and international talks, forums, workshops, film, art and design events to inspire a nation.
In 2018 environmentalist, entrepreneur and journalist Paul Hawken joins the festival as its keynote speaker to present his latest project ‘Drawdown’, the most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse global warming. Paul Hawken is an internationally renowned author and activist. He has founded successful, ecologically-conscious businesses, and consulted with heads of state and CEOs on economic development, industrial ecology, and environmental policy. Registrations for this event are now open and available here.
Other events scheduled for the 2018 festival include:
- Extinction – a timely and intelligent new Australian play that wraps an important conservation message around a unique and personal human story
- Bob Brown – fresh from his recent High Court case Bob Brown drops in to the festival’s Big Weekend with new insights on the future on environmentalism in Australia
- Inflatable Regatta – float down the Yarra River and experience a new perspective of our great inner city river
- Hot composting – join Heide Museum of Modern Art head gardener Dugald Noyes to unearth the latest on sustainable green waste
- Pedal-powered cinema – roll up to the Melbourne Girls College’s pedal-powered cinema. It’s great night out and you can even pedal for your popcorn!
- Weeds of Melbourne – discover the surprisingly delectable and medicinal wonderful weeds of Melbourne
- Laneway Learning – the creative team from Laneway Learning return in 2018 to bring you some green-thinking classes
- Co-housing open day – come along and see this thriving example of co-housing in the suburbs at Murundaka Co-housing Community, and
- Spotlight Walk – an opportunity to spot the fascinating native nocturnal animals that call the local River Red Gum forest home.
Festival partners will join the event program alongside some of the world’s best local and international sustainability talent. With an audience reach of over 100,000 visits, the festival presents a unique opportunity to connect with a fast growing movement.
For more information, to see the full list of events and exhibitors, and to register your attendance, visit National Sustainable Living Festival.