While new and modern buildings are becoming progressively more efficient and connected, old and historic buildings are often left in the dust, trapped by their dated designs. This is changing and these ageing buildings are keeping up with the modern built environment with the help of Socomec, an expert in the cutting-edge technologies used for ensuring the highest availability of the electrical power supply to critical facilities and building.
Building managers and electrical contractors can effectively monitor power consumption in both new and existing buildings by installing the new Socomec DIRIS A-40. The DIRIS A-40 offers multiple functions to assist with measuring voltage, current, power, energy and quality. The panel-mounted power monitoring device allows the analysis of both single- and three-phase loads, providing a versatile solution for small as well as large applications using more than 1000w distributed power.
With three current sensor formats (solid-core TE, split-core TR and Rogowski coil TF), the DIRIS A-40 can be installed during the build process or retrofitted, delivering a versatile monitoring solution for all applications.
The assisted configuration wizard provides users with a step-by-step guide. The wizard will detect and correct any configuration errors, providing quick and effective installation, while reducing commissioning time and delivering a reliable result.
Real-time monitoring of all measurements can be accessed and viewed anywhere, anytime via the embedded Webview-S monitoring software. (Webview-S is quick and easy to configure with a plug and play set up allowing users to automatically export data in CSV format to understand and optimise energy consumptions.) Additionally, pre-defined alerts set up by the users will be sent via email to notify of any disturbances, and electrical disturbances can be investigated and maintenance requirements anticipated with historical records of multiple electrical parameters.
DIRIS-A40 key features
- PreciSense guaranteed accuracy of measurements, class 0.5
- VirtualMonitor accesses the monitoring of protective devices
- AutoCorrect provides control and correction of wiring
- Plug and play set up with configuration wizard
- Includes WEBVIEW for remote monitoring
- Three current sensor technologies, solid-core, split-core and flexible (TE, TF and TR / iTR) providing solutions for new and existing installations
- The range comprises IoT-ready connected products that can automatically export data for remote processing.
- Direct link to favourites screens on LCD panel
- In and out digital (3/2): State, pulse, alarm report
- RS485 Modbus, Profibus or Ethernet connectivity (Modbus TCP, BacNET IP)
- Compatible SmartSensors
- IEC 61557-12 compliant.
A selection of Webview variants are included on a range of Socomec power monitoring devices to enable easy and reliable data monitoring and analysis.
For more information visit www.ipd.com.au.
Lead image: 123RF’s Travis Wolfe © 123RF.com